What are Short and Long-Term Skincare Solutions?
Unfortunately, skin care is really both a sprint and a marathon. The long-term marathon habits gives us the good grounding we need to encourage and maintain youthful-looking skin. On the other hand, the short-term solutions help us cope with problems that pop up. Here’s a look at Short and Long-Term Skincare Solutions:
Short and Long-Term Skincare Solutions
LONG-TERM SKIN CARE SOLUTIONS
These come down to:
- Using plenty of sunscreen: apply twice a day or more—in this case, more is more, not less.
- Never using plain soap to clean the skin: always use a gentle cleanser and no more than twice a day.
- Moisturize according to your skin type: hyaluronic acid-based if you have oily skin, glycerin-based with ceramides if you have dry skin. If you have combo, treat the T-zone with a product built for oily skin and the rest of your face with a creamy moisturizer for dry skin. This is a general suggestion since the T-zone tends to be oilier in most people, but adjust according your own skin situation.
- Use a serum with antioxidants like vitamin E and C to help your skin regenerate.
SHORT-TERM SKIN CARE SOLUTIONS
- Blitzing blackheads: Get them treated by your dermatologist. Alternatively, use a comedone extractor under professional supervision.
- Over-exfoliation: Take a break for 1 week. Then, use a creamy hyaluronic acid moisturizer to get back the hydration you need in a balanced away.
- Zit picking: Stop that habit for good plus moisturize the area.
- Pillow Lines: If you wake up with these, try satin or silk pillowcases, plus try to get used to sleeping on your back.
- Wrinkles: Good creams help. But for faster, results try dermal fillers at your dermatologist’s office. Botox is another option for the crows’ feet around the eyes or forehead winkles.
- Age spots: A Vitamin C cream can help fade them fast. Alternatively, opt for a chemical peel from your dermatologist.
- Dark circles: Caffeine-based products can constrict blood vessels to minimize them, or you can go with a pulsed deye laser administered by your dermatologist.
If you enjoyed reading about Short and Long-term Skincare Solutions, continue with How can I prevent acne breakouts?
Callyssee is a freshly brewed line of skincare infused with organic green coffee, a potent ingredient that repairs, nourishes, and renews your skin.
The Callyssee line contains products brimming with essential oils, wrinkle-fighters, and skin-soothers. Our rock star ingredient, Coffea Arabica (Organic Green Coffee) Seed Extract, can be found in every single product.
Visit Callyssee here.